Saturday 4 June 2016

Using Wix for the first time

When creating a website for the first time I used the software called Wix which allows you to design and create a website for a variety of different purposes. I started off by making a Wix account and then I had to select the genre of music in terms of a layout for the website. I then had to choose an artist to create a website for. The following steps involved choosing a background which i believed was appropriate for representing the star image of the artist I chose, adding information about upcoming concerts and recent interviews as well as adding in extra icons to represent the various social medias and ways of contacting the artist as well as listening to and downloading their music. Following on from this I decided to add on ways for the fans to listen to their music and ways to download and buy the songs and full album.


I believe that the use of the pre-made textboxes and templates made it much easier for me to grasp the concept of the software as well as aiding me in what information and tools I should place where. I found the side tools really useful such as the add tool which allowed me to add extra tools and ways to listen and download the music. I also found the layout that i chose and the design elements that I picked highly effective in not only conveying the typical symbolic conventions of the genre of the artist but it also work successfully as conveying their star image and their ideology.

























When figuring out how to use this new software I struggled to grasp the concept of adding in the tools of the ways of listen to and downloading their music. This proved to be very difficult as I had to figure out how to add the individual tracks and add them to the playlist. I found this part the most difficult as it was quite technical and tricky. Additionally, I also struggled to make a decision in terms of the design and creative element of this task because I took my time to make sure I chose appropriate pictures as well as an effective colour scheme to match the star image of the artist.


Through completing this exercise I have gained a deeper knowledge into how to create a website and how to use the design tools to match genre conventions through symbolic conventions as well as portraying the star image of the artist. I also learnt how to add in different tools and textboxes with information about the artist and I learnt how to choose appropriate information, pictures, videos and an effective colour scheme to create the star image of the artist and also convey whether they are synthetic or organic and creative.



 

In order to make improvement from this process to the creation of my final website I will utilise more tools and make my website more varied, original and creative.

Overall, all of the skills that I have acquired through this exercise and getting to know how to use this new software will prove to be very useful when it comes to my final website design process. Additionally, I will take on board all the skills and tips that I have picked up from this process in order to create an effective and highly engaging and creative final website.

No comments:

Post a Comment