Sunday 6 March 2016

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (Task 1)




 This is a SlideShare presentation that I have created which describes how my opening sequence is similar to some real media products. The real media products that I chose to compare my opening sequence with are the films The Dark Knight and Taken as well as the title cards from True Detective. 


In my media product I was able to use conventions that were the same as those in real media products for example a creepy and slightly gothic style title font. I was also able to develop conventions and improve upon them such as the costume used for the villain/psychopath in my media product, which in my opinion has developed upon the conventions used in the costume for the Joker from The Dark Knight. Finally, I have also challenged the connotations and changed them to make them different to what the audience was expecting, for example when there is a sudden reveal in my thriller when the hostage stabs the psychopath which is an example of a challenged convention of a thriller. Overall, I believe that in my media product I have used convention sin various ways including developing upon them as well as challenging them. 



1 comment:

  1. Good use of using slide share as a different technology when presenting this evaluation task. Excellent post, you show a clear similarity between what you have created and other products. Great use of pictures to compare shots/editing and other examples between the three different products. Clear detail in the differences and reflecting over which of the products is more successful in your opinion. Well done, an excellent post. Don’t forget to include key terminology.

    ReplyDelete