Sunday 13 March 2016

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? (Task 6)

As a group we discussed the various technologies we used during the production of our thriller and what we had learnt from using these new technologies. In order to reflect on our understanding and what he had learnt about these technologies we created annotations for our YouTube video which describes which technologies we used and how we used them.


(Please play video below with annotations on.)




Overall we used a range of technologies such as cameras including the Sony NX5 in 1080p HD format, editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, for sound technologies we used a shotgun microphone as well as the sound editing software included in Adobe Premiere Pro, IMovie, embedding YouTube videos as well as posting videos to YouTube where some other skills I acquired from the production of my thriller. In addition to this speed adjustion was also another skill that I learnt during the editing process as well as portable lights to enhance the lighting in our thriller. 


From using these various technologies I feel like I have really improve my knowledge and skills of using different technologies and I have also had the opportunity to get to use them well which had enabled me to be more creative on the course. Before I started the AS Media Course I had never used any of these technologies or skills before and so I believe that I have really improved my skills and learnt a lot about technologies and software from the production of my thriller and I am now able to use all of the above software and technologies successfully and creatively. 


An example of this is the use of Adobe Premiere Pro, as before the course I had never edited a sequence before and now I have the skills to edit shots together using rushes, a timeline, a razor tool as well as change the colour grading and edit sound using the software. Another example is how I have been able to learn how to set up a tripod carefully, use the Sony NX5 and film a sequence as learn how to frame shots and decide on an appropriate camera angle or movement depending on the shot. Finally, I have gained a better understanding of all the technologies I have worked with over the production period of my thriller and I feel like from this understanding I have successfully improved and developed upon my skills with technologies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment