Monday 25 January 2016

Possible Target Audience

Our idea for our opening sequence to a thriller is centred around a dangerous psychopath who is holding a young girl hostage in a Church.




 


From this, I have been thinking about what our possible target audience would be. We think hat our opening sequence will contain genre conventions of a thriller including violence, action, suspense, thriller, mystery, danger and of course thrill.




This leads me to think that taking this information into account our possible target audience are likely to be males aged between 15-21 because the audience would be old enough to understand the content and for it not to scare them and for the content to be appropriate fro them and in addition this I think that our thriller would probably be best suited to a younger audience due to the nature of the opening sequence ad the fact that we intend to use young people for our actors.





I think that males aged between 15 and 21 years old would enjoy our opening sequence and would be the best suited audience to watch our opening sequence because they are the most likely audience to enjoy the violence, action and muster of our opening sequence as well as being close in age to the actors we intend to use and the are within the age group that I would expect to enjoy my thriller the most.




In addition to this, I also believe that males aged 15-20 would be our possible target audience because from my previous research of what films are similar to mine in terms of characters and plot I also discovered that these films have similar target audiences to mine. Therefore, this leads me to believe that if an audience of males aged between 15 and 20 years old enjoy films such as The Silence of the Lambs, The Dark Knight and Taken then they would also be a suitable target audience for my thriller film.


  

However, in order to be sure about who my target audience would be after finalising on what our opening sequence will contain I will need to conduct a questionnaire to people of different ages and of both genders in order to get a better idea as to what kind of audience my media product would appeal to. 






No comments:

Post a Comment