Thursday 13 October 2016

Research into make-up

I have been doing some research into makeup and I have also been trying to find a makeup artist who would be available and willing to do the makeup on our shoot day. I contact Laura Smith who is a student at school as she is interested in pursuing a career in makeup and special effects makeup so I thought that she would be interested in taking p the role of makeup artist for the shoot. 

Here is the email that I sent her:


She then sent me some designs that she had done and some ideas that she had come up with from what I had told her about the idea. This was a very good idea as it allowed us to see what she would be able to do as well as what the final product might look like. I suggested to her that we could add a geometric element to the futuristic makeup as well as some silver gems. I thought that the design that she had come up with for the 1920's style makeup was spot on what I was visualising and what we had in mind. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Here is her design for the 1920's makeup. I think that the thin arch for the eyebrows, the brown smoky eye and a red lip will look perfect in portraying the era. This makeup is very specific to the era that we are trying to replicate and I think that this could work very effectively. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

This is the design she has come up with for the futuristic makeup. I think that the use of the colour gradient over the eyes could be really effective as well as the use of the white for the eyelashes and lips. I like the idea that she has come up with for using white triangles on the cheek bones which will replace any contour. However, I think that it might be a cool idea to try incorporating geometric patters and designs into the look such as a white line that goes down the bridge of the nose as well as under the eye in order to create a triangle shape. It would be really cool if we could use silver gems, possibly to replace the eyebrows as these would be blocked out. I think that the ideas that Laura has come up with are really creative and imaginative and I think that they will work very effectively in portraying a futuristic element. 

I think that the designs and ideas that Laura has for the makeup for the dancers are really cool and will work really effectively with our idea. The other good thing is that she has all the materials and everything that she will need to create these looks which is good because it means that it doesn't have to come out of our production budget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment