Thursday 13 October 2016

Research into props

After constructing a list of key props and materials that we need to source. I decided to have a look online and see how much things cost and where we could access these things for our shoot. 

I have been looking at where we can source a double bass from as these seem to be ridiculously expensive. I have found some on eBay that range from around £250 to £1000 which is way out of our budget! I think that we are going to need to ask around and see if we can borrow one from someone or see if we can just hire one for a day for a much more reasonable price. 


I have also been having a look at where we could get steam punk goggles for the mad scientist which would work really well with the old style that we are trying to achieve. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are not very expensive on eBay. 


Another prop that I have been looking at prices for is a 1920's style desk lamp for the mad scientist lab. I have found that because the one's that they are selling online seem to actually be for this period they are quite expensive. However, I believe that my housemaster may have some old maps in the basement which would work just as well for the aesthetic. 


In terms of lighting, most of the big lights that we will be using are provided by school and so we don't have to source them. However we were thinking of using LED tape and this is something that we will have to find ourselves. I have been looking online at where the best place to get cheap LED tape is and it seems like there are some good deals on amazon where it can range from around £5 to £20 so I think that this could be quite good. Although we do need to check how much we will need and whether once we add this up it is still a good deal. 


I think that we are quite lucky that most of the props that we are trying to source can be provided by school either by the media department, theatre department, music department or the science department. We are also lucky that we have found musicians who have their own instruments that they can use as well as a makeup artist at school who can supply all of the materials she will need to use. There are only a few props and materials that we will have to source ourselves and they don't seem to be too expensive which is good. The only thing that might be a issue for us to find ourselves is the traditional double ass as these seem to be very expensive so hopefully we will be able to find an alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment