Monday 19 September 2016

Digital Moodboard



Here is a digital mood board that my group have created using Pinterest which visually represents our ideas for our music video. Through using Pinterest we have use collaboration as we have all pinned different images that we think represent our idea and we have also been using a new software and a new blogging tool to make our blog more varied. This digital mood board is a visual representation of our initial idea for the music video fro the track 'Home' by Deluka.

Image result for pinterest

We have been considering the ideas of using colour, psychedelic elements as well as also thinking about a narrative. Chris suggested a narrative which involves an old man at a graveyard and 'home' representing his wife that we has lost. Evelyn and I also came up with the idea of using a scrap yard to represent the concept of home as what is one mans junk is another mans treasure and different things represent home to different people.

Image result for psychedelic colors  Image result for old man at grave

When creating this digital mood board it made me realise that the concept of 'Home" means different things to different people. I then decided to conduct some research into what 'Home' means to my friends and the other members of my group and my classmates. I discovered that home is wherever you make it and home is where you feel happy, comfortable, relaxed and at peace. In addition to this home provides a warm environment for people and someone even said that it provides them with a solid base. Home provides people with an anchor to keep them grounded but it also provides them freedom and a place where you can be yourself. I really liked it when someone said that home can sometimes be a person rather than a physical place.
Image result for concept of homeImage result for home word

Image result for concept of home   Image result for home word

These ideas and opinions that people provided me as well as through listening to the track a few times gave me the following images and ideas for a possible visuals or a narrative. These are just initial ideas which I would like to pitch to my group and see if we can develop them any further.
  • A car driving late at night very fast and someone lifts their head up and the street lamps appear to be one.
  • scrap yard; what is one mans junk is another mans treasure idea
  • going through a memory box
  • old photographs of family and memories
  • a white room which is used for a performance element which has loads of photos on the wall and hanging from the ceiling.
  • travel journal
  • scrapbook
Image result for travel journal  Image result for scrapbook tumblrImage result for 1d story of my life music video



No comments:

Post a Comment