Friday 30 September 2016

Music Industry presentation from Ollie Allgrove

We had a presentation today from Ollie Allgrove who is the executive producer of The Mill. He came in to talk to us about the music industry and the process that happens and give us some general information about his role within the music industry.



Below are some pictures of the notes that I made during the presentation about things that stuck out for me and things that I thought were important and would be good tips to take on board during the pre-production process of making our music videos. 


I found the talk really interesting and it helped me gain a better understanding o the process that occurs when making material in the industry and it also provided me with some useful tips for when we are producing our own music video. 

Image result for wide open chemical brothers

I really liked the video from The Chemical Brothers for the track Wide Open as I was really impressed that they were able to create something so creative and effective with such a small budget. I was really intrigued to find out about the whole process and all the elements that they had to consider when making this video such as what would be shown through the back of the wire mesh and how complex the movement and the manipulation of the 3D model process was. I think that this idea and this video is such a simple concept but is incredibly challenging to produce and do effectively. I would really like to try and incorporate an element of this robotic, manipulated and mechanical style into the dance element of our own music video.



Overall, I found the presentation really interesting and it helped me to gain a new perspective and appreciation on the music industry and the amount of time and effort that is involved in creating a few minutes worth of footage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment