Monday 28 November 2016

Brainstorming Ideas for a music publicity campaign - Album Artwork

I have been thinking about ideas for a music publicity campaign as I have been thinking about how the music video that we are creating would link with a piece of album artwork and website for the artist that we have created. I want to create a website and album artwork for the artist that not only ties in with the themes and idea of the track that we have used for our music video but also works harmoniously with the other tracks on the album and creates a universal message and has a universal themes across all three products of the music publicity campaign.

I have had ideas about incorporating element of the 1920's into the album artwork and website as well as utilising the futuristic element into the other products. I have also considered using the theme of the scientist or some sort of chemical reaction as well as something more deep and meaningful which could be interpreted from the music video and then put in place for the other products that make up the rest of the music publicity campaign.

Here are some images that have inspired me:
Image result for half robot half humanImage result for half robot half humanRelated imageRelated imageImage result for old jazz instrumentsImage result for old jazz instrumentsImage result for chemical reaction photographyImage result for science artworkImage result for half robot half human hand

Image result for album artwork electro swing

I really like this album artwork which is from a different Caravan Palace album as I really like how they have linked the old and the new with the use of a grammarphone and a robot. I think that this concept could work well for our album artwork in order to link the 1920's element and futuristic element that are showcased in the music video we have created.
Image result for album artwork electro swing


I was really inspired by Christina Aguilera's album artwork for Bionic as this is exactly what I was envisioning for the album artwork as I think that it will help us link the 1920's element and the futuristic elements together and it will also create a theme of everything evolving and becoming robotic and mechanical.

Image result for robotic  album artwork

I think that the research that I have conducted into imagery for the album artwork of the same genre as the one we are creating will help us with getting inspiration from real products and finding out more about what is out there for audiences at the moment and what campaigns are successful and why that is.

I am looking forward to sharing my ideas and research with the other members of my production group and seeing what they have found and what idea they have.

 Hopefully we have gathered some good researched and been inspired by other products and this will help us to create an effective and coherent music publicity campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment